This article is a step-by-step guide on how to restore a Disaster Recovery Image backup job.
- Restore Target machine and IBDR Appliance are in the same LAN (Local Area Network)
- USB flash drive to create a bootable restore media (if restore target is a physical machine)
Create restore media
In the Management Console of the Cloud Failover Appliance (CFA), go to the Settings tab.
In the Tools group on the left, click Downloads.
In the Bare Metal Restore group, download the restore disk image (DR Restore Disk).
Create a bootable media (for example, a USB flash drive) from the downloaded image.
Restore from disaster recovery image
- Insert the restore media created previously in the computer you want to restore to.
- Start the computer and boot from the restore media.
The Infrascale license agreement opens.
- Read the license agreement carefully and, if applicable, agree to the terms and conditions.
The list of available CFAs opens.
- In the list of available CFAs, select the CFA you want to restore from.
Note: If the system does not show any CFAs on the list, click Scan () to automatically detect CFAs available on the network.
If the system is still unable to detect any CFAs automatically, click Find () and enter the IP address of the CFA.
The Login window opens.
- In the Login window, enter the password used to log in to the CFA Management Console, and then click OK.
The list of protected clients associated with the CFA opens.
- In the list of clients, click the client you want to restore, and then click Next.
- Use the slider to pick the date of backup you want to restore, and then click Next.The Backup Disks tab shows the drives backed up from the source and available for restore.
The Job Info tab shows the basic details of the backup job selected for restore.
- In the Pre-restore configuration window, select the drive or drives to restore, and then click Restore.
- After the restore finishes, click Reboot. Remove the restore media when restarting the computer.